Odysseus web browser
A simple and performant yet powerful elementary OS-style window onto the open decentralized web.
Odysseus is already and will continue to be a convenient, privacy-respecting, ethically designed, and opensource (under the GPLv3+ license) web browser that should run great on any free desktop. However work is ongoing to make Odysseus more convenient with handy navigation aids that gently and unobtrusively guide you wherever you want to go online.
In doing so Odysseus aims to help you focus on the webpages that matter to you, and to support the open decentralized web over the centralized services of today.
or download a stable release
- Tabbed web browsing
- Opens non-webpage links in 3rd party apps, or suggests ones to install
- DuckDuckGo integration
- Browser history
- Topsites with initial hand-curated recommendations
- webfeed & feedreader integration
- reader view
- (planned) personalized recommendations
- (planned) bookmarks
- (planned) configurable integration of search engines (not just DuckDuckGo)
- (planned) lightweight browser extensions
These features are completed to a high degree of polish.
- HTTP(S), data, & file URIs.
- Web Open Font Format
- Just about any image, video, or audio format
- Freedesktop.org MIME Info, MIME Apps, Desktop Entries, Icon Theme, & Icon Naming specs
- X11, Wayland
- RSS, Atom
- (planned) SKOS, Dublin Core
- (planned) OpenSearch + RSS/Atom
- (planned) payment links